2020 UPDATE: The editors are delighted to offer a 100% APC discount for invited authors! First, contact Felix Famoye or Carl Lee to request your code. During the submission process, all authors are asked how they intend to cover their APC. Select the option that mentions a code, and enter your code when prompted. If your invited paper is accepted following blinded peer review, it will be published in OA format at no charge to you.
Editors of the Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications welcome submissions to a new thematic series originating from the Third International Conference on Statistical Distributions and Applications (ICOSDA), which was organized by the Department of Statistics, Actuarial and Data Sciences, Central Michigan University, USA and held in October 2019 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. In this series, the Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications will publish only those papers presented at the conference that have been accepted after undergoing the journal’s rigorous blinded peer review process.
This collection of articles originates from the International Conference on Statistical Distributions and Applications which was organized by the Department of Statistics, Actuarial and Data Sciences, Central Michigan University, USA and held in October 2019 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. The Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications publishes only those papers presented at the conference that have been accepted after undergoing the journal’s rigorous blinded peer review process.
Potential topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Statistical distributions (univariate/multivariate, continuous/discrete) and applications
- Statistical distributions in the era of big data
- Statistical modeling
- High-dimensional data analysis
- Bayesian statistics
- Predictive modeling and machine learning
This thematic series will be edited by:
Carl Lee, Central Michigan University, USA
Felix Famoye, Central Michigan University, USA
Xiaoqian Sun, Clemson University, USA
Chin-I Cheng, Central Michigan University, USA
The Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications publishes numerous article types including research papers, methodology papers, reviews, and short reports, all of which can be submitted to this series.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for the Journal.
The complete manuscript should be submitted through our submission system. At the "Additional information" submission step, be sure to reply "yes" when asked whether your submission is part of a thematic series, and choose the appropriate title from the drop-down menu. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of this series. All submissions will undergo rigorous blinded peer review and accepted articles will be published.
Submissions will benefit from the following advantages of Open Access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
For editorial queries, please contact this journal's Editors-in-Chief.
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in the Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications - including articles published in this thematic series.